Monday, September 21, 2009

Don't limp into your future...

Don’t limp into your future.....
Get up and walk there.
I am amazed at the excuses we give ourselves for failure.  Yet some of the most successful
and wonderful people I know have had things happen in their lives that are too horrendous to imagine. Some people I know who had wonderful childhoods, but don’t appreciate them, make excuses for everything. 
I had a horrible childhood myself and could have used it to excuse away my mistakes.....but the truth is that I have — and have had the POWER to let my choices be made by my past or by my future.  “Usually” I choose the future.  I look at it this way: my childhood determined a lot of who I was then, but I am no longer a child.  Those circumstances are no longer relevant or even present to point a finger at.  Yes I am a product of so much I had no control over, but responsibility for  the final product is MINE. - Carla



"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future." -Deepak Chopra,

No comments:

Post a Comment